Monday, June 7, 2010

Weekends are goooood!

Weekend was gooood times! Friday I chilled and spent the night bugging out cause I had the group's first Music Video shoot the next day.

Saturday (after all the bugging out...quite literally too cause living in the woods has been producing many fascinating creatures in my apt. this year) we filmed the school scenes of our Music Video for our new single "Be Dif'Rent". We took a classroom at Mount Saint Mary College and filled it up with Youth we've worked with over the years. Some were family members too (I was upset my nephew backed out. Was really hoping to share this with him) like Jarabe's & DJ H2O's cousins. At least I got to bring some of my Nex 2 B Read Club Youth. I was so proud of all of them and how confident they were in the shoot. Made me wanna tear in a "ohh look at how you've grown kind of way". I didn't though. Or did I?! Didn't. Some of them even acted in certain roles that I chose them for...they did amazingly. My young actors I tell ya. These Youth had me cracking up all day.

After fun day with a whooolle lotta Youth Energy I was exhausted. But still had energy. Weird I know. That's what a great group of Youthful minds and spirits will do to ya. Tis why I love my work. Soooo when my Queen finally showed up (she had a long but fun day herself with her "familja"(not mispelled its family in Albanian broaded your horizons people...or get yourself an Albanian woman. They can be bit crazy but amazing. Lot of crazy. Well at least mine. Maybe not crazy...let's say eccentric...nope crazy it is). We went dancing on the Waterfront. We had a blast, dancing, talking, walking and then eating onion rings at diner. She's so much fun and I couldn't stop looking at her. She looked the Bang! Better than the Bomb cause that's the sound bombs make... Bang. Or Boom. You get it. I hang out with her and its like no one is there. Not even the crackhead that was acting mad suspicious near us before I decided to get us out of area. Nor the girl that almost got beat up cause she danced with dude while "his woman" went to bathroom...I feel like...he should have gotten threatened not the "other woman". He knows...other woman didn't "seem" to know.

Sunday I spent chillin, relaxing, meditating and prepping a special E-zine (I'm the Editor of Social ISsUes E-mail Zine) promoting an event we're having Saturday in El Bronx. It's gonna be day 2 of filming and we need 50 people to sit in audience for free show and some light comida. If ya'll interested do like Ja Rule says and "Holla Holla"...oh Mr. Rule u were so much fun in a someone should have passed you a halls kind a way.


Latin Translator
Poet, Host, Educator, Speaker, Writer
www.debeforerecords.com/home.php
www.daybeforesoundtour.blogspot.com
Learn, Educate, Repeat!

1 comment:

Yari Blanco said...

This post had me laughing. Thank you.
And she sounds awesome!