Friday, June 18, 2010

Ooooo I aughta!

Woke up this morning...got myself...a BAD ATTITUDE! Ever wake up cranky wanky. Meaning you're mad but don't really know why and are pretty sure it's for either no or a meaningless reason. Well that's cranky wanky.

So I'm cranky wanky and I'm mad at the world. Mad at economy. At BP and their stuck up CEO's. Mad at my Bank Account and the laughing sound the atm's make every time I make a withdrawal (How and when did they install that damn laughing voice. It sounds like Homer Simpson's laugh on acid). Mad at that damn bird of mine and her anti-social behavior (knowledge of her treating me like my Middle School GF wasn't in the dang Parakeet pamphlet at the petshop...I know...I'm over it) Mad at my hair (one a dem days). Mad at my current career (all good...but damnit if it isn't difficult to build a home on a foundation made of uncharted waters). Mad at the women that de-humanize me by whistling and pinching my butt when I walk by. (Not that it happens...but come on!).

I had this bad Goonie Goo Goo (watch Eddie Murphy's Delirious) on me from the morning. Anything my lady said...no matter how sweet or unrelated to me it was I wanted to snap back with sarcasm (I didn't...but I wanted to). Got an e-mail from my one of group members and I wanted to respond with a few Spanish curse words (Spanish...because it just feels so much more powerful).

Now though...5:11pm. I'm feeling better. Went to gym. Got my blood flowing, some additional oxygen to my brain, woke myself up a bit. Feeling much better. Ready to hit up Harlem and do up the stage at Lyrical Revolt. Looking forward to dancing with my Queen tonight. Excited about heading to Detroit on Sunday...amazing what a good workout will do. Sometimes (like this time) the gym is my friend and provides the therapy I need (except for the dudes that walk around butt naked. Put on a towel or something people! I'm tired of having to look away. Usually I just take my glasses off but still). Yeah that made me MAD too.














Latin Translator
Poet, Educator, Speaker, Host, Writer

www.debeforerecords.com
www.daybeforesoundtour.blogspot.com

No comments: